Advice from the Love Doctor
All you romantic souls know what time it is. Valentine’s Day is upon us! The most romantic day of the whole year! But of course, it’s on a Wednesday, which means you either celebrate on a school night or wait until the weekend. Either way, you should seize the opportunity to surprise your significant other to show them how much they mean to you. I am here to tell you the things that both boys and girls appreciate the most on Valentine’s Day, in case you’re struggling to think about what to get them on such a special day.
Presented to you by the Love Doctor, keep in mind that these may not necessarily apply to your significant other, and that I myself am a loveless and lonely person. I get to spend my Valentine’s Day with my parents (not complaining though, because free food).
For your girlfriend:
- Her favorite perfume – she’ll feel more confident, and it’s pretty much a gift for you too
- A home cooked dinner – girls love food, and if you make it by yourself, she’ll definitely be impressed (make sure to wear a “Kiss the Cook” apron)
- A couple’s photoshoot – having some high quality photos of the two of you together makes any girl happy (in the snow is better because you can throw her into it)
- Chocolate/candy – honestly, you can never go wrong getting a girl something sugary and sweet
- Books – this doesn’t necessarily apply only to girls who like to read, because if it’s something you sincerely think she’ll like, she’ll probably love the thought and read it
- A handwritten letter – just rant about how much she means to you, because girls love to be reassured about that kind of stuff
- Jewelry – whether it’s a necklace, bracelet, earrings, or a ring (not a wedding ring you fools), it’s easy for her to wear and it just sends a romantic message
- Chocolate covered strawberries – because yes; they’re just so good
- Movies – the more sappy and romantic, the better, because then you can watch them together and realize that it’s actually the both of you in the flesh
- Dinner at her favorite restaurant – once again, because girls love food, but also because both of you can dress up nicely to go out for a night on the town
- Flowers – yes it’s a cliche, but you can never go wrong with a beautiful bouquet for a beautiful girl
For your boyfriend:
- His favorite cologne – it’s a really great way of showing a guy how much he means to you, because every time he uses it he’ll think of you (plus it’s a great gift for you too)
- A name brand sweater – if he’s into fashion, it’ll definitely make him look and feel cooler (plus you can steal it later)
- Shaving kit – whether its for wet or dry shaving, guys appreciate stuff like this because they provide easier and less irritating shaves, telling them you care about their comfort
- A new backpack – especially during high school, a new backpack is always a cool gift for a guy, specifically one that is either made by a popular sports brand or is fashionable
- Lounge pants – good for camping, sleeping, relaxing, or stay-at-home date nights
- New shoes – they can be as fancy as dress shoes or as simple as sandals, but guys just love to get new shoes, especially when they’re given as a present
- Video games – guys love their video games, but ladies, guys love their SPECIFIC games; don’t get some random thing from the store, get the one they’ve been talking about constantly
- Camping gear – from a nice knife for the most severe of survival situations to a hammock for the most basic lounging experiences, you just can’t go wrong getting new camping gear for a guy
- Headphones – a really nice set of wrap-around or wireless headphones to make working out easier is a great gift for a guy
- A handwritten card – make sure to fill it with complements and the things about him that you like the most, it really boosts a guy’s confidence and reassures him that you’re aware of all those things he admires about himself
- A new watch – a nice analogue watch for him to wear when he dresses up is definitely the accessory needed for him to feel that his look is complete (plus it’s a bit of a status symbol for guys to wear and show off a nice watch)
So there you have it! I hope you found something helpful from these lists to make your Valentine’s Day significantly more meaningful. While I eat away my lonely sorrows on Wednesday, I’ll be thinking about all you lovebirds that I so graciously helped. Good luck, have fun, and be safe. Happy Valentine’s Day!
As a bonus, I’m adding some handy dandy pick-up lines for you guys to use on Valentine’s Day. I do not take credit for any of these, though I wish I did.
- If you were a fruit, you’d be a fine-apple.
- Are you the sun? Cuz you’re really hot.
- Do you have a map? Because I keep getting lost in your eyes.
- You must be a banana, because I find you a peeling.
- Your hand looks heavy. Let me hold it for you.
And my personal favorite:
- Are you a beaver? ‘Cuz dam.
*Remember: Always leave room for whatever higher deity you may or may not believe in*